Applied Combinatorics is available in several formats.
- HTML: Since you’re viewing this page in a web browser, the fastest way to check out our book is to view the HTML version. This version should look good across the full spectrum of devices, although the occasional long equation may require some careful, creative scrolling on small screens. (With MathJax’s accessibility features, this is also the version of the text that is most usable by individuals with visual impairments.) The HTML version includes a few snippets of SageMath code that can be executed in place using the Sage Cell Server. The knowls that open and retract contain proofs as well as in-place reminders of things like figures, tables, and theorems that appear elsewhere on the page (or in another section of the text entirely).
- The current HTML edition, which matches the source on Github, is the 2016.1 Edition, which corrects all typos reported through 19 December 2016. See the errata page for the list of updates made in this edition. There is no PDF or print version of the 2016.1 Edition.
- The 2016 Edition, which matches the PDF and print versions, remains available.
- PDF: We strongly recommend the HTML version for reading on screens of all sizes. However, it can be handy to have the PDF available in case someone with the print copy refers to a page number instead of a section. Thus, we do make a PDF of the 2016 Edition of Applied Combinatorics available.
- Print: If you’re interested in a physical copy of the book, you can order directly. In printed form, the book is 383 pages long and grayscale. The ISBN13 is 978-1534878655. The print version is available from Amazon (both in the US and Europe) as well as other online retailers. To compare prices, try Fetchbook. If you’re interested in having your campus bookstore order copies for students to purchase, the ISBN13 above should suffice. List price is US$15/£11/€13. (We do make a small amount in royalties from the print edition, but pricing is set just high enough to ensure availability through all distribution channels our publisher offers.)
Applied Combinatorics is open source and licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License (CC-BY-SA). Find out more about our open source philosophy and contributing to Applied Combinatorics.